Tuesday, January 7, 2014

The word according to Duck Commander

For Christmas I got the Duck Commander family calendar.   My wife and I love watching Duck Dynasty and the crazy antics that come along with the show.  The message for a recent day, Willy writes, “ At the dinner table we learned to respect our elders.  In a lot of homes, the kids made their plates first, but it was never that way in the Robertson house.  At our house, the kids always ate last.  We would get what was left over after the adults made their plates.  We learned to be content with what we had and that the world didn’t revolve around us.” 

Since I selected the word Content as my one word for 365 days it is funny how often I see that word written down or spoken.  Maybe it is like when you buy the blue car, you immediately start noticing all the blue cars on the road.  Before buying the blue car, the other blue cars just passed you by.  After buying the blue car you have something in common with the other blue car drivers and you pay attention.  The same things seems to be happening to me . . . the reminder to be content is everywhere if I just look for it. 

I am going to try to adopt the message from Willy and today I will try to not let the world revolve around me.  I need to remember to be content with what I have.  I have so much . . .  I am blessed.  I have a great family, a house to keep me warm in the winter and cool in the summer, a good job, a car that run, the opportunity to go on vacations, both of my parents, good friends, my faith in God, and so many more things that this list could go on forever.  

As we move through this year, I hope to have the opportunity to expand on each of these things in future postings.  


No comments:

Post a Comment