Sunday, January 12, 2014

What a difference a week makes

Last Sunday STL was snowed in.  My wife and I had no place to go however many times that day we commented that we longed to be able to get out of the house. More snow hit mid week, we had record chilling temps and overall it was just a good week to stay inside!  Today, the total opposite.  St Louis got to right around 60 degrees and it was sunny.  Our day was made up of cleaning up the cars, a wonderful hike at Powder Valley Nature Center and BBQ burgers for dinner. 

Wow what a difference a week makes!

So what did I learn from this week.  I think the best thing to take away is that we need to be flexible and be content with whatever is dealt us.  Last week when we had the big snow, we grabbed a nap in the afternoon. When was the last time you took time to take a nap?  Our lives are so busy and we never take time to just relax.  Being content and taking a nap - that was good.  

Tonight I am contemplating today.  January 11 and 60 degrees.  I had the chance to get out and have a great hike.  I am content tonight knowing that I used this day to its fullest.  

My wife and I took a selfie while hiking.  It is of our shadows overlooking a small creek surrounded by small piles of snow and amazing looking trees.  The sun shined through the leafless trees and in some crazy way, gave me a real sense of being content!!


No comments:

Post a Comment